Friday, March 30, 2012

Luau for kids and adults

I know everyone recommends the PCC luau as the all around ';best';, but I don%26#39;t know about spending a long afternoon and evening there is best for a 7 yr and 11 yr old. Also, I am sure the two adults would like an alcoholic drink with their entertainment. We will only be on Oahu for 4 days, arriving on Monday and departing Saturday am. If you wanted to choose one that would appeal to both the adults and the kids, would you go for the Paradise Cove or Germaine%26#39;s Luau? I understand that Paradise offers some pre-dinner activities as well that I wonder if the kids might enjoy. We will be there in November if that also makes a difference. Mahalo.



Luau for kids and adults


Paradise Cove Luau is the one I would choose. Nicer setting than Germaine%26#39;s, just better all around, IMHO. There is another thread about this subject that%26#39;s active right now:





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k223322…



Luau for kids and adults


Paradise cove....facing the sunset...in a stunning location.....




Spend the day %26amp; evening at PCC. You won%26#39;t regret it.





There are 10 shows there including Horizons the best show in Hawaii, more games for the kids, somewhat of a museum aspect.





You can cut down your time at PCC by getting there around 2pm %26amp; skipping IMAX.




Might I mention (once again) that the Polynesian Cultural Center luau does not serve alcohol. This may concern some visitors. It would concern me and the majority of guests who visit me on a regular basis.



Dusty---you have recommended the Polynesian Cultural Center Luau exclusively for years---why not add that little note for people who might find the lack of the classic luau beverage a deal breaker?




I really don%26#39;t think one or two watered down mai tais should be a deal breaker.





I also don%26#39;t think people should drink %26amp; drive.




All the major luau operations supply transportation to and from major hotels in Waikiki---it%26#39;s included in the price of the ticket, IIRC. And I think most people have grasped the concept of ';designated driver'; when they plan an evening that includes the consumption of adult beverages even if they choose to provide their own transportation. No one here is advocating drunk driving.



I do agree that the drinks that are included in the ticket price can be rather light-spirited, LOL. I think it is best to be aware from of that from the onset.



BTW, for those who are curious about such matters, beverages above and beyond the drinks included in the ticket price are available at Paradise Cove. And they have a decidedly more vigorous kick than the ';freebies.';



So take the bus ride or designate a driver and enjoy that tropical drink, complete with that cute little fully functional mini-umbrella!




Your kids will really enjoy Paradise Cove. Agree that it%26#39;s preferred over Germaines.




Thank you all for your input. I understand your worries Dusty. We are not the kind who drink and drive. We would definitely use the transportation provided by the luau. Neither of us are likely to have more than one, but it is nice to have the option. I have been to PCC many years ago, and what remains with me, more than anything else, is trying to run from place to place to see things and that it was not much fun. I am in my late 50%26#39;s now, and don%26#39;t want to be chasing around all day to see PCC. I appreciate your input however, and that is why I posed the question. I have a notebook to refer to that is full of answers you have provided to others.



Mahalo from all us TA%26#39;ers!





Connie




';All the major luau operations supply transportation to and from major hotels in Waikiki---it%26#39;s included in the price of the ticket';





Germaine%26#39;s has transportation for free included with the ticket.





Paradise Cove %26amp; PCC have transportation available with reservations, but at a price of about $18.




Dusty I looked on the Paradise Cove site for info about transportation costs from hotels in Waikiki and couldn%26#39;t find any information. So I called Paradise Cove and was told that the price quoted on the internet includes transportation to and from hotels in Waikiki---no extra charge.





paradisecovehawaii.com/LuauPackages/hawaiian…





The Polynesian Cultural Center lists options for transportation to the Center but all the options will cost extra:





www.polynesia.com/transportation/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment