Friday, March 30, 2012

to Snorkel Bob or not......

Apparantly there is one person here on the forums who has had a bad experience with Snorkel Bob%26#39;s. That is really unfortunate. Happens to the best of us. Sometimes a place has an off day.

To post on every snorkeling post how bad it was is getting very old. I see no other posts have been done, not even a trip report.

Take this with a grain of salt people.

Snorkel Bob%26#39;s has a great reputation around all islands. He has personally been instrumental in not only donating a hugh sum of money for ocean awareness and etiquette but also volunteering his personal time. He spends a lot of time with the keiki of our islands. To condemn him for one bad experience is just plain WRONG. I don%26#39;t care if you or your family or friends never rent from him again. There are plenty of other people who will, due to his great reputation and CARING!!

to Snorkel Bob or not......

Thank you MsFuzz for this post.

We will continue to rent from his shops, because we have good service for 12 years. Only once did we not have A 1 service, just average.

to Snorkel Bob or not......

Thanks, Ms Fuzz. For all we know the original and/or subsequent bad posts were written by his competition. Thus is the down-side of TA.


Thanks. I think I will give them a try.


No worries, Msfuzz. All of his complaint posts have been removed. ;-)


I always bring my own snorkel gear, but you know, I think I will give Snorkel Bob%26#39;s a try. Think I might tell all my friends that go to Hawaii the same thing.


Looks like his posts are going to have the opposite effect.


Last time I was in Maui, I went out with Snorkel Bob and had no problems. He tends to try to feed the fish too much and get a little too close to my person while snorkeling, but otherwise, he seemed like an OK fella to me.

I hear many people have been out with Snorkel Bob and have had pleasant experiences. I%26#39;d say that%26#39;s the majority opinion.

Hey bullet, maybe Snorkel Bob just felt you were not his type? Seriously, bullet since Snorkel Bob is ';iconic'; in Maui, he just probably tries to please way too many snorkelers.

Old Snorkel Bob has been OK to me.


I, too, had a bad experience with Snorkel Bob%26#39;s--on Kauai. The ';deluxe'; ($35 per week) snorkel mask I rented was damaged. I didn%26#39;t realize it when I tried it on in the store because I didn%26#39;t know exactly how a snorkel worked at that point. Snorkel Bob%26#39;s was a long way from where I was staying in Hanalei and I had to rent a mask from someone else for a few days. When I finally was able to get back to the middle of the island to Snorkel Bob%26#39;s, they gave me a replacement mask. Guess what? It was broken too! (For $35 per week?) Sure, found that too late again. They credited me for the $3 per day I had to pay to rent a mask from someone else, but really weren%26#39;t particularly apologetic for my trouble. I felt like just another haole who had bought the hype of the ads and the good snorkel bob...Why does snorkel Bob have a foundation? Because he has made so much money off of people like me.

  • Do you have to use a quilt in the cot bed
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment