Wednesday, March 28, 2012

USS Utah Memorial

Going to be on Oahu 9/17-9/23. We would like to visit the USS Utah Memorial while we%26#39;re there, but I%26#39;ve read you need to make special arrangements / reservations, but I%26#39;m not quite sure. Has anyone done this? Any info you could share would be appreciated. Thanks!



USS Utah Memorial


you need a military ID unless you contact Pearl Harbor Naval Base security office.



It is not open to the public with out prior arrangement



USS Utah Memorial


Dusty is correct. We did visit this summer on my military ID. You may view pictures at the following site:





http://picasaweb.google.com/joe.susie.huber





It is a very simple memorial on the far side of Ford Island. I apologize I can%26#39;t help you with gaining clearance through the Pearl Harbor security office. I am sure it can be done.




You can also call the ticket office for the Bowfin and Missouri. Our island now has two museums (Missouri and Pacific Air) and two memorials (Oklahoma and Utah). I am sure the ticket offices for the museums get questions about the memorials.





You can also try the public affairs office for the base. Here is a website with the different numbers:



http://www.pacom.mil/about/panbrs.shtml



I have seen others suggest using the number for Navy Region Hawaii - (808)473-2888.





I live on Ford Island and I cannot count the buses coming across the bridge everyday. I am just not sure where they all stop. Just be careful of entering the housing areas, security is cracking down on stray tourists wandering through the neighborhoods.




Thanks for the help. I%26#39;ve contacted the Navy Public/Community Affairs office and someone is supposed to get back with me regarding arrangements. I%26#39;m not sure why I%26#39;m so set on seeing this memorial, except I feel strongly these heroes need to be remembered and honored also.





Thanks for sharing your pictures Rockytop, they%26#39;re great!

No comments:

Post a Comment