Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Need Advice from Maui Brides

Hey all,





I need advice and since I know I can always count on the advice here, I%26#39;m going to trust you all with the most important thing regarding my upcoming wedding on Maui.....





My Wedding Gown!!





I have two choices and am not sure which is the better choice.





Our wedding is in a couple of weeks and we are flying to Maui on United. I can either TRY to bring my gown on the airplane and see if I can hang it in the captain%26#39;s closet (not sure what previous arrangements I need to make in order to do this) or it was suggested that perhaps I send my dress ahead via Fed Ex to Elly%26#39;s Formal Wear in Maui so that I don%26#39;t have to bring it on the plane with me.





I could really use advice from previous brides (or grooms even!) who have been married on Maui as to what the best way of getting my dress there would be.





Thanks so much!



Need Advice from Maui Brides


xprecious! From a guy that%26#39;s seen lots of weddings sitting in his pink speedo on the beach.





If I were you I%26#39;d say Fed EXx it to Elly%26#39;s. Just makes more sense. That gown must look nice! :)





Wish I could be there for you, crying with joy in the background in pink.





Others need to reply....Caddy



Need Advice from Maui Brides


BTW, you do have a wedding planner or photo. right? They can give you some much needed advice.





So do you...Is that all arranged? I%26#39;ll perform services but I%26#39;m not legit! :)




I was married in Maui in 2006 and had the same dilemma.





I flew American and carried on my dress in a dress bag. When I was entering the plane, I asked the flight attendant if she could hang my dress in a closet. She was more than happy to, and it was easy getting it off the plane.





Overall, it would be cheaper to carry on your dress, and I think most flight attendants would be more than happy to help a new bride.





Congrats!




Every flight I have taken to Hawaii has had a least one wedding dress flying along. The only time I saw it get tricky was when the bride and 7 attendants all wanted their dress stored...not pretty. You might call the airline and give them a ';heads-up';.



Good luck and congrats.




My son and his bride had the same dilemma. They carried it in a garment bag. The attendant hung it in a closet. It still was a little wrinkled and we took it to Elly%26#39;s for pressing. It took less than 24 hrs. The cost was a little high, but well worth it!!




I just got back flew United to Maui from LAX. plenty of room on the plane in the coat closets.. no problem they didnt count my bags as an extra. The bridal shop had it in a garment bag and i also had the same dilemma do i carry on w/ all my other things in tow or do i fed ex w/ the risk of losing it??





so i asked others and most peeps will tell ya the same they carried it on w/ no problem and most flight attendants are more than happy to do it for the new bride ..





United has room in their planes most likely.. ours did, but i hated carrying it through the airport so on the way back i didn%26#39;t care if it was wrinkled so we folded it tightly and packed it on the top of my suitcase..



good luck





i also posted my review on here right after we returned 8/22-8/29- if you need any advice please email me. ours went smoothly




Yes bring it with you as a carry-on. We did that on American and they had no problems hanging it for us. Remember though, It will count as one of your carry-ons so make sure that if you have another one, that you stow your purse in that. My wife had her dress and her carry-on with her then her purse too and se had to find a place to put the purse.




Thank you for the responses. I truly appreciate the opinions and suggestions. So far it seems no one is for the Fed Ex option huh? It sort of scares me a little as well, but our wedding coordinator had suggested it, along with the fact that there is information on Elly%26#39;s Formal Wear page. Still, if it%26#39;s out of my sight, I%26#39;d probably be nervous! LOL





I%26#39;m still open to hearing from those that shipped their gowns ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment