Friday, March 30, 2012

Hale Koa (? re: refrig)

If you have stayed at the Hale Koa can you please tell me what the refrigerator was like. Seems like an odd question, I know, but we are thinking of staying here and we have a baby. I want to be able to keep formula cold. When I called Hale Koa myself they said that the refrig%26#39;s are not refrig%26#39;s, but rather a %26#39;cooling something or other%26#39;. She said it can keep drinks cool (not cold) and that it wasnt like a mini-refrig. She did not recommend it with formula. I have used a mini-refrig at other hotels, which have worked fine so I am a little confused as what this cooling thing is.



Hale Koa (? re: refrig)


Have not stayed there, but found this on their site:





halekoa.com/rooms_reservations/room_tour.cfm





It says refreshment cabinet (I think that is what you are talking about).





I would think that with some ice or ice water in a bucket or cooler, it would keep formula fresh. Buy a cheap styrofoam cooler if you need to



Hale Koa (? re: refrig)


If the HK does not have mini-fridges that meet your needs, you might try the companies listed on this website:



http://www.alohafriendshawaii.com/keiki.html





Towards the bottom there are links and listings for companies that rent baby items - they might rent mini fridges or something that will keep formula cold.




We just returned from a week at the Hale Koa. The information they gave you was correct. They have what look exactly like mini refrigerators in each room but unfortunately they do not chill as well as a refrigerator. Not sure why?? However, there are ice machines on each floor so if you choose to use a cooler instead, the ice machines are convenient. I also noticed they sell styrofoam coolers for sale in the Hale Koa BX (onsite) if you decide to go this route. Enjoy your stay, you%26#39;ll love it!




We had a room in the Maile tower last year and it had a mini-fridge which kept our drinks very cold. I think these are not in all the rooms, so they do not advertise that some rooms have them.





My suggestion would be to bring powdered formula and just mix it up as you go. The tap water was very clean and fresh tasting or if you prefer, you could buy bottled water in the Exchange at the hotel.





Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment