Friday, March 30, 2012

Help! No Insurance if Canadian on Hawaiian ?

Hi

I was in the process of booking on the Hawaiian Airlines site and almost finished and tried to buy the cancellation insurance but it%26#39;s only for U.S. citizens. Any ideas how to get cancellation insurance at the same time as booking? I could book through Expedia but its more expensive. Help please, the fares have already increased since yesterday.

Thanks,

Karen.

Help! No Insurance if Canadian on Hawaiian ?

you dont need insurance....unless you are in poor health.. Hawaiian is a strong airline...its not going away.

Forget the insurance... I have never bought it and never needed it.... What are your worries that you would insure ???

Help! No Insurance if Canadian on Hawaiian ?

Don%26#39;t have any advice...

But I love White Rock!! Nothing like a cold one in a pub overlooking the beach.


If you really want insurance, buy it for your whole package (if you like) through Travel Guard/AIG. They have lots and lots of options. And if you buy close to the time you book your flight, it should cost you less. We use them for cruise coverage.


check out www.insuremytrip.com and see if it covers canadians -- you can pick exactly what you need


Immed after booking our flights we buy Trip Cancellation/Interuption/Baggage through Canadian Direct Insurance.

www.travelunderwriters.com

For a family of 5 for 17 days (includes an overnighter in Seattle each way) it was $190.00.

I believe you have to buy this with in so many days of booking your trip.

I buy our medical (a year plan for the family for those day trips across the line) through Pacific Blue Cross and than add some days when our trips go over 14 days.

We always buy insurance. especially with traveling with our kids.


Hi

Thanks for your advice again. I was a bit stressed because I thought you had to buy trip cancellation insurance at the time of booking. I always buy this coverage ( in case we have to cancel, not the airline ) At one time one had to buy that coverage within hours of purchasing. Obviously, times have changed and I didn%26#39;t know because I%26#39;ve always bought it at time of purchase.

Is it true to wait closer to departure to buy insurance for better premiums.

Thanks again everyone

Bellini


bellini

Is it true to wait closer to departure to buy insurance for better premiums.';';';';';

dont think insurance premiums work the same was as car rental prices -- cant imagine them going down the closer you get to departure


Bellini -- Let%26#39;s see if I can express this well...

The insurance companies want you to buy insurance close to the time you book your trip because ... the later you wait, they assume that you are anticipating more risk. Like you have discovered something that makes you think you%26#39;ll need it. No way is the price going down closer to the trip.


We have always bought it the same day as booking. My Dh thinks there is aa time limit to buy it, with in 2 weeks of purchase.


Vancouver - you may be right in some situations. In others, like cruises -- you can book later, but it costs you more. My problem is: if I change my mind about the cruise, up to a point, I can get my money back. But you don%26#39;t get money back from the insurance.

BTW -- will be in your neck of the woods in a few weeks. Can%26#39;t wait. Getting tired of 100+ degree weather.

  • pets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment