Wednesday, March 28, 2012

For those who don't care for ';touristy'; attractions....

I know this question has been asked before and I hate to rehash, but I%26#39;d really like to hear from all who don%26#39;t like ';touristy'; attractions. Have you gone to Warren and Annabelle%26#39;s? Do you recommend it (despite the fact that it may be ';touristy';?) I think it is pretty safe to call this a touristy attraction but despite that, do you think it is worthwhile? I know it has been called corny, hokey, etc. but people still seem to enjoy it nevertheless. What do you all think?

For those who don't care for ';touristy'; attractions....

Person opinion is that you can see magic anywhere ... Vegas is handy. Try %26#39;Ulalena. Great reviews.

http://www.ulalena.com/

For those who don't care for ';touristy'; attractions....

Right on BLBL. And if you don%26#39;t want ';touristy'; don%26#39;t go to Hawaii !!


Rusty, I never said I didn%26#39;t like touristy. In fact, if you look back at the other tourist thread, I said that when I am not at home, I am a tourist. The info I am looking for is that despite that it might be ';touristy'; is it a good show...that%26#39;s all. I happen to live very close to Vegas, and see shows there often so I just wanted to know if this was worth seeing. Thanks for your outstanding insight but I think I%26#39;ll go to Maui anyway ;)


Warren%26#39;s show is highly entertaining. His magic is excellent and his patter will keep you laughing until your sides hurt. The pre-show stuff with ';Annabelle the piano playing ghost'; is cheesy, but I understand that now you can buy tickets for the show only.

Gotta agree with BLBL - Ulalena is terrific and well worth seeing.


Check the events at Maui Arts and Cultural Center

http://www.mauiarts.org/


We have been to Warren and Annabelle%26#39;s show twice. I enjoyed it both times but my wife thought one year going to it was enough.

It is very entertaining and makes for a fun evening. You will talk about it for months afterward.


I%26#39;m a firm believer in %26#39;if I can do it at home%26#39;. Question I still ask myself though when it comes to shows like this - %26#39;is there something unique to his presentation?%26#39;. Warren%26#39;s show uses a piece of his childhood (Andy Griffith) to add a very unique comedy spin to the magic. As someone else said - the first part with Annabelle is a complete pass in my book but you can%26#39;t skip it. Warren%26#39;s comedy/magic is top notch and I highly recommend it!!


hey.... Maui is a highly developed tourist destination...just like Orlando, Aspen, So.Cal.

You go to a tourist destination to take advantage of what the destinaton offers... and appeals to you.

You can seek out all the things you do at home and do them here... eat the same food...etc Watch TV all day,. hang out in bars ..it may be what you want out of a vacation doing your routine in a different place

Or you can go to a destination and seek to do all the things to do you cant at home... break routine discover by avoidng all the trappings of home..

or finaly you can do a mix of both. Bottom Line is it is your dime if you want to go watch magic shows or watch reruns of the beverly hillybillies all day, and that makes you happy.... do it.

It is not a contest...no one is scoring you.


From what I%26#39;ve heard from friends and what I%26#39;ve read Warren puts on an awesome show so if you want that, go. I don%26#39;t think Warren will be touring.


Good point Mike! He used to be a mainlander and started the show because 1) he wanted to live there and 2) he wanted to provide alternative entertainment to visitors.

  • skin discoloration rash
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment