Monday, April 23, 2012

Taste of Hawaii



Has anyone been to the annual Taste of Hawaii? The 20th one takes place Sunday, June 1st at Smith Tropical Gardens and sounds like a great event? Any input appreciated. Arriving on beautiful Kauai on 5/30 and counting down the days!



Taste of Hawaii




Aloha from Kaua%26#39;i!





I went to one of these a few years ago -- it is fun and you see everyone you know as it seems the whole island attends!





Lots and lots of food and drink with entertainment interspersed all around the grounds. I got full quickly and don%26#39;t drink (I think I did have a glass of champagne) so it wasn%26#39;t really worth it for me.





It is quite expensive, and once was enough for me, but many folks go year after year - it is a huge event here on island. Very, very popular - expect large crowds.





Malama Pono,



Janet



Taste of Hawaii




Thanks for the reply. I think we will attend this time. I am always looking for events that are not geared strictly to tourists as what I enjoy most about travel is local culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment