Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Flights b/w mainland and HNL

What are the predications on air travel?





We fly SEA (Seattle) to HNL (Honolulu).





We noticed that Alaska Air started flying there last October. Has anyone flown that route with them? Did everything go according to plan? On time?





We normally go in the fall. I wonder if we should purchase tickets now or wait for the airline industry to calm down.





What%26#39;s your opinion?



Flights b/w mainland and HNL


Fuel prices are not going down anytime soon; if anything they are going up, up, up.



Flights b/w mainland and HNL


blender I would book now, don%26#39;t take a chance on the flights. I booked a return flight from Vancouver BC to Honolulu this year for Oct 26 and I got it at a price of $458 on Thurs. I looked at it over the weekend and the price had jumped to $711. It had went back down to $458 yesterday but as of this morning it had jumped to above $600. If you%26#39;re going in the fall I%26#39;m not sure if you should book today or take a chance that the price will go back down in a day or two.




Check to see if Hawaiian Airlines flies out of Seattle. If so, take them.




Well I have bad news for you ....the airlines are not goung to do any more sales and super discounts to Hawaii... Delta and Alaska are each adding 1 flight from the mainland.... however, thats an overall reduction of 12% in total seats to hawaii.





I would expect nothing to be below $700 in October



and $900 by Christmas




There was a related article in today%26#39;s Honolulu Advertiser that may be of interest:



honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article鈥?/a>




Good article...loved the ';airline passengers this spring and summer face ';terrible, terrible fares,';';





Should proably read ';Realistic, Realistic fares';, yeah they may be terrible but look what happens when you don%26#39;t charge enough, you get the likes of ATA and Alohha going belly up.





So blender, bite the bullet if you really want to go and grab the lowest fare you can today because odds are it won%26#39;t be there tomorrow.




For departure late September/returning early October, Kayak.com is indicating SEA/HNL non-stops on Hawaiian,Alaska %26amp; NWA at an average of $527.



Absent a crystal ball forecasting the multitude of relevant variables impacting airline costs (as well as flyer demand), I%26#39;d GUESS that a strategy of delaying purchase three or four months would result in Glad: 5%/Shoulda pulled the trigger back in April: 95% (within a margin of error of 75+%).



Do it now and try not to second-guess the decision...and if you accomplish that; please let us know the secret!




We just recently flew to HNL from SEA on Alaska. Both flights were full but very pleasant and on-time, luggage arrived no problem. They served a free Mai Tai or POG juice on the way to HNL which was a festive touch. The food to purchase wasn%26#39;t great but not terrible-my husband and son had no problem with the snacks but the rest of us brought food on board. You could rent a portable dvd machine that played movies, shows or music. I will admit I was a bit nervous flying on a 737 (brand new) over the water. I was a flight attendant back in the day for a different airline and never in my life did I think I would ever go to HNL on anything but a 747. But times change and the 737 wasn%26#39;t bad and we arrived early in both directions. whew! : )





My MIL flew in on Hawaiian Airlines from PHX. She had nothing but praise from her experience. (believe me when I say this is rare) Her hot meals were free and I%26#39;m not sure about the entertainment.





I would say either airline out of Seattle would be great--whichever was cheaper in my book. Can%26#39;t comment on the timing.




Thanks so much for the details, dirtcorpsdiva. We have freq flier miles with Alaska, so they would be our first choice. Your experience sounds good.




I just bought tickets from Seattle on Hawaiian airlines today for winter break in Feb.( a high date!) for $498 per person...the meals.... pasta or sandwiches are free and the flight was direct. I know I would not get it any cheaper if I waited.





I have flown Alaska many times to Mexico and California. But I have to tell you I would not fly any other way but Hawaiian air to HNL or Maui!





I have nothing but praise for that company! The people are so nice and very friendly and helpful.





You did not say when you plan to go but we went March 2008 ( non holiday time) on Hawaiian air and our airfare was $360.00 each. I think if you find a good fare go for it....It is bound to go up with the increase of fuel costs and those being added to ticket prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment