Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Waimea Canyon

Hi there! Planning my first trip to Kauai for the end of May and I was wondering if it%26#39;s best to take a bus tour of Waimea Canyon or if it%26#39;s something I could easily drive myself. Thanks in advance!



Waimea Canyon


Oh, you could easily drive it yourself--no problem. Provided you%26#39;re OK with driving slightly twisty roads with elevation changes and you regularily drive in your non-vacation life. I suspect that if you didn%26#39;t drive in your regular life, and seldom get on the road, then you *could* find the road a challenge.



Waimea Canyon


Have driven it many times with no problem. Check the weather up there before you go. No point going if it is foggy/cloudy.



Take a sweater, it can be cool/windy.




You can drive yourself....As previously stated check for weather cond. and don%26#39; forget the camera. There are many stops along the way that you will want to capture..




You%26#39;ll waste a lot of time on a bus tour waiting for everyone to unload and reload at the overlooks. You%26#39;ll miss some of the smaller overlooks, and the buses don%26#39;t go all the way up to the Kalalau lookout, AFAIK.




What is the best way to check the weather? A phone call? Which number?W aimea Canyon, (808)274-3433; or Kokee State Park, (808)274-3444.



Thanks!




Good morning. We%26#39;re on our way up there right in about 30 minutes. Right now, we%26#39;re at the Waimea Visitor Center and they%26#39;re teaching folks how to make leis. My wife is in the class. I headed to theat bento market (forget the name),




Thanks everyone! I%26#39;m looking very forward to my stay in Kauai. Only 26 days now.

No comments:

Post a Comment