Monday, April 23, 2012

Have you ever heard of this B&B in Kihei?

It is called Dreams Come True in Maui.



Good reviews on trip advisor but I would like to hear if more people have been there.



Thanks!



Have you ever heard of this B%26amp;B in Kihei?


Photos look great and the guest comments were friendly. I didn%26#39;t see the address, or their B%26amp;B license number on their website.



Have you ever heard of this B%26amp;B in Kihei?


Thanks Honu Lover!



I emailed and asked for the address last night here it is: 3259 Akala Drive Can you tell me if that is in an okay neighbourhood there? I would really appreciate knowing!




Oops, I also forgot to mention that I never thought about a B%26amp;B license. I will have to ask him about that too. Does that license mean that they are a legal B%26amp;B?




Since they have a review in Frommer%26#39;s I%26#39;d think they have licenses.





They are on the first street into Maui Meadows, above and parallel to 4-lane Piilani Hwy. I don%26#39;t know how close they are to the traffic light. (Cars and trucks; stop/go noise.) Maui Meadows is a residential area built up the side of a hill -- very mixed, with some large homes, some modest homes w/cars on blocks, etc. I don%26#39;t see a pool. The %26#39;ocean view%26#39; looks like it%26#39;s on someone%26#39;s roof deck. Wailea beach is a short drive down Kilohana.





For $100 a night I%26#39;d prefer a condo with full kitchen and a pool on Kihei Road, a stroll to the beach -- Kihei Kai Nanai, Maui Banyan, Maui Vista. There are several.




I know there is no pool and the beach is about 5 minutes away but we aren%26#39;t planning on being in the room much. We plan to do our day trips while we are there.




There is only one permitted TVR in Maui Meadows and this is not it.




I guess the beach could be five mnutes away if you coast down Kilohana on a skateboard. You%26#39;ll have to break hard to handle the jog to the beach access. LOL It%26#39;s sure a lot longer climbing back up.





So much for my thinking Frommer%26#39;s would only review licensed places, eh?




Is it hard to obtain TVR%26#39;s in Maui? I asked the owner about it and was told it has been in process for almost 4 years.





Also, the responses from the owner have been very good. However, since there weren%26#39;t a lot of reviews I checked them all out. Almost all of them only had 1 or a couple contributions on trip advisor. I want to believe the best but am getting nervous.





Can ANYONE on the forum personally tell me about it? Hopefully some local experts may have seen it in person or heard around about it?



Please! I really want to believe the best because it looked good to us for part of our stay.




Okay, I did some more looking on TA. Good news! There is a local expert for Alaska who posted some good stuff on this forum in the past. So, that makes me feel much better. I hope he/she comes on and reads my posts.




Aloha! I have stayed here - almost 5 years ago on my honeymoon and it was great! We stayed there for about 3 days, as we had been on the island for 2 weeks - we also stayed in Hana and Lahaina. Everything was very clean and nice . . . they had almost everything there you could possibly need for your trip - the owners are very helpful and kind. It was in a quiet neighborhood, and yet it was a quick drive to the beaches, which was fine with us. They have wonderful views - even a scope on a deck so we could watch the whales. :)



Do you have any specifics?? We didn%26#39;t do much cooking, but they had a fridge, microwave, and a grill for your use, as well as the handy accessories for that - was fine for what we did. Just let me know what I can share - you can always PM me as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment