Monday, April 23, 2012

Poolside cabanas at Four Seasons

Can someone remind me of how these work? I remember getting up early one morning the first time we were there (more than 4 years ago) to go out to the pool and stick a book in one of the cabanas to ';reserve'; it. This was maybe 7 am? But I can%26#39;t remember what time we had to be back to the chairs in order not to lose them . . . nor do I remember if there%26#39;s a certain amount of time you can be away from them w/o losing them.





Ideally, I%26#39;d like to be able to reserve, go back to the room (and wake up hubby!), return to the cabana briefly but then leave again to eat breakfast at Duo%26#39;s, then return etc. Does that make sense?





If anyone knows, thanks!



Poolside cabanas at Four Seasons


Would it be horrible if I bumped my own really old post? Thanks if anyone knows/remembers!



Poolside cabanas at Four Seasons


The pool staff is there at 7:00 to assign cabanas. Some people are up earlier and have scouted a location. Many early risers enjoy their coffee there. One day we were not there until 11:30 but still got a cabana.(maybe not considered prime location but fine for us) The hotel was 80% full at the time. You can leave for 1/2 hour and two hours at lunch. If you eat at Duo and it%26#39;s over 1/2 hour, just take a quick walk back to the pool and tell the attendent you are still eating.




I was there 2 years ago and we are going back this summer.



They say you will lose your spot if gone for more than 30 minutes but I never ever saw them give up empty spots that people were not at for way longer than 30 minutes. To me, do as you post and say. I think they are too worried about making too many people mad. I hate to see 4 chairs in a cabana saved and not used for several hours and it did happen when we were there.



Now, my luck, if I was gone an hour they would have taken mine away.




Thanks guys!





I do remember more now -- I made it down before 7 am, but then I had to wait until an attendant came over to ';set up'; and that was also confirmation that our cabana was claimed.





Good thought on stepping back out to the pool to let them know where we are while eating breakfast if we go more than 30 min. Wonder if I should always flag someone down when we leave for a short walk or something else . . . .





You%26#39;re probably right that they may not really kick people out too often -- how could they time everyone%26#39;s ';lunch'; break to give people 2 hours? But I have no intention of abusing the privilege of having one -- we do plan to lounge by (or go in) the pool for 90% of that day!





Out of curiosity, did you all tip the attendants at the end of the day, beginning or each time they came by with something? How much, if I may ask? When we were there, someone only came once as we were not in a ';prime'; spot either so I don%26#39;t believe we wound up doing much. Thanks!




';Out of curiosity, did you all tip the attendants at the end of the day, beginning or each time they came by with something? How much, if I may ask? When we were there, someone only came once as we were not in a ';prime'; spot either so I don%26#39;t believe we wound up doing much. Thanks!';





We gave them $20 when we were seated (4 chairs). They were very attentive to us (constant refilling of ice water, fruit, sun glass cleaning and always asking if we needed anything). At lunch we ordered off the Ferraro%26#39;s menu in addtion to the pool service menu. We had a special salad request and we asked for cotton candy from Duo for the kids. All were accomodated happily.




Just to clarify - the lunch time is 12-2 so they will not pull anyone%26#39;s chairs at that time. I also did not see them do this but they are very careful to explain to you the policy.




Thank you CTMaui -- I really appreciate info like that!




Make sure you stay with the chairs until someone comes to set them up. (terry cloth chair covers and towels) During our visit staff was removing towels and personal items left behind to save chairs/cabanas.

No comments:

Post a Comment