Monday, April 23, 2012

Staying on Mainland time or not?

We%26#39;re going to have a big time change when we go to Kauai, so we%26#39;re trying to decide whether or not to stay on mainland time (get up early and go to bed early) for our May trip... Our rationale is that sunrise is 6AM and sunset is 7PM and it seems from a lot of folks that the weather tends to be better in the morning and we%26#39;re not really nightlife people anyway... I know it%26#39;s a personal preference but just curious as to what other mainlanders do...



Staying on Mainland time or not?


We conform to Hawaii time as soon as possible. A little tired the first might -- but not a big problem.



Staying on Mainland time or not?


It is really pretty easy to acclimate to Hawaii time. Just stay up as late as you can the first night -- in a couple of days you%26#39;ll be there. I wouldn%26#39;t think you would want to keep getting up at 3 0r 4 a.m. and going to bed at 6 p.m.




As soon as we get on the plane we set our watches to Hawaii time then when we get there, pretty much leave our watches on the dresser because we will be on island time and take things as they happen.




We just get up and go to bed when we feel like it. Usually we end up on Hawaii time in a couple days.




I would change to Hawai`i time too. It only make sense to stick to Mainland time if you are going for a night or two.




We had a 6 hour time difference and adjusted quite quickly. With the early sunset, and lots of daytime activity, we were usually asleep by 10 (sometimes earlier), and awake by 5:30-6:00.





There are lots of early risers in Hawaii ... I was surprised on our first morning in Waikiki to see so many people when we went out around 6 a.m., and always amazed to see the surfers out at that time.




I run on a firm internal clock, like a chicken I get up with the sun, curl up after dark, and fall asleep when ready



I find it much easier to adjust to island time than when we travel to the east coast




Hawaii Time...




Kevin..the toughest part will be going back to Indy time. It is pretty easy to change to Hawaiian time if you are early risers. We live in CA so the time change isn%26#39;t as drastic but we normally get there early afternoon and sty up until 9-10pm and then wake up around 6-6:30am and start our day and continue that the entire vacation....not saying that there are not a few ';naps'; during the week :)





Have a great time!




I avoid wearing a watch once on island and sort of keep my own natural time -- wake up super early, generally with the sun, and go to bed when I can%26#39;t keep my eyes open anymore.





The only reason I ever need to check on the time is when I have a set activitiy booked that I can%26#39; tbe late for. I try, however, to keep this to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment