Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Help With Days In Waikiki/North Shore

I have read so many different opinions on the forum I still can%26#39;t determine where to stay up North for 3 days Aug 25-27. Cost is an issue but still like to have ocean front. Nothing fancy- safe and clean are top priority. Husband loves ocean, I get freaked by fish. But pool not priority as I%26#39;ll get some pool time in Waikiki. Like to keep it under $150. We plan to keep costs down by eating %26amp; drinking in majority of days. Concerned that Pats in Punaluu is to far from anything should we want place to eat and drink. Some of the reviews are concerning too. Not sure about Haleiwa Condos. Gigi%26#39;s Paradise looks good on website but only 3 reviews here and 2 were bad. Hauula vrbo #13729 looks good. I also looked at Maili condos. Any recommendations and, if so, vrbo condo #%26#39;s for best ones to stay in?





Oh, we get in on the 24th at 9pm so plan on renting car at airport and staying 1st night in Waikiki %26amp; pay to park in garage then staying 28-31st w/out car at Park Shore Waikiki. Any thoughts on this idea too?







Help With Days In Waikiki/North Shore


I know everyone thinks his or her question is important but it so frustrating that those persons who ask the same questions countless others have asked (if they would just do a search!) get their laziness rewarded by multiple responses.



Help With Days In Waikiki/North Shore


I can sense your frustration. Maybe others have not responded because they are not familiar with the accommodations you have listed. I am not familiar with them at all.





We stay at the Turtle Bay Resort and that cost is way above the prices you are mentioning. A choice may be one of the many condos that are rented near the TBR that you can find on the VBRO.com website.





I think the Park Shore is a great choice. Why don’t you just stay at the Park Shore? It is not a large island you can easily drive to the North Shore and see the attractions there. And the drive from Waikiki to The North Shore is not to be missed. It is awesome scenery all the way there.





I%26#39;ve known many people, who have stayed at the Park Shore and are very happy with their choice.





I would be afraid to stay at some of the paces you mentioned. I would not want to be stuck in dumpy place. I don’t like to stay in condos. I make my bed everyday. I don’t want to do it on vacation. So I choose hotels and resorts to get pampered a bit.





Maybe others can give you some advice on the locations you mentioned but my vote is to stick to the Park Shore. It is right across the street from the beach and you have no other building in front of you. It is across from a “walled” beach. So you and your husband can enjoy the beach and fish won’t freak you out. You’ll love it! Call them directly for the best deal.




Thanks for the response. I understand my requests might be a little cumbersome. The reason I am thinking to break it up is that my husband did not enjoy all of the driving I enlisted him to do when we went to Maui 2 years ago. I don%26#39;t care for crowds at pool or beach but I do like to have a good time. We live in the country and we drive A LOT, so I was looking at North Shore to base ourselves for a couple days to cut down on drive time on our exploring days. I actually just found some decent ocean front rates on Orbitz for Park Shore and booked those for our last 3 nights.





Thanks again for not leaving me with a goose egg in the reply column and reassuring me about Park Shore!




I don%26#39;t blame you for wanting to split your stay. I do not like driving in Maui but I do on Oahu. Check out these condos. You may get some good tips about which condos are better than others in Turtle Bay.





tripadvisor.com/…TOPC




Most private rentals on Windward side %26amp; North Shore will require 5 days or more. So if you can find something that you think you like in your price range that will allow 3 nights, go for it.





Oahu has more traffic than Maui, but Oahu does not have the long trips that Maui has like Haleakala %26amp; Road to Hana. So if you can put up with a little traffic, Oahu is easy to drive.





I prefer a car rental the entire time. Before I moved to Oahu, I tried it once without a car. Never again. You can see the island much better with a car.





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862…




Please be sure to write a reiview for Park Shore to let the rest of us know how it goes!




Thanks- I will certainly share my opinion on Park Shore and where ever I decide to stay in North Shore (haven%26#39;t had time to look).




We just returned from 5 nights at Pat%26#39;s in vrbo unit #134630. The condo was absolutely fantastic, penthouse on the end with ocean views from 2 walls, 3 sliding doors to open for the ocean breeze. Flat screen, satellite with 100s of channels, Bose stereo system in both the living room and bedroom, high end appliances and big kitchen, Pier 1 furniture and furnishings, very clean and obviously recently remodeled and done right.





Pat%26#39;s itself is a bit remote, but it depends on what activities you%26#39;re planning to do. It worked great for us because we split our time between the North Shore and the Kailua areas, and it was right in the middle. Foodland in La%26#39;ie is about 5-10 minutes for groceries, about 25-30 minutes into Haleiwa, 35-40 into Kailua, but both are coastal drives so enough to see that the time passed quickly.




No way- that is the same exact condo I booked! I truly appreciate you letting me know how your stay was. Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment