Wednesday, April 25, 2012

spray on tans

Ok I know when I first heard this a few years back I laughed and thought it was silly.





My boss got this done before a trip to Florida last year and I was surprised how good and real it looked.





My last 2 trips I tanned well in advance and had a good thing going on before I left.





This trip in 7 days I haven%26#39;t had time. Any thoughts on spray tans? I think I will go without but am considering this if I hear good things, if not I%26#39;ll pass. Thanks.



spray on tans


They are fine, and look pretty good, but realize they do not offer any protection from the UV light (i.e. you will still get sunburned just as easy). So wear a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 at ALL times.





Also realize that a ';base tan'; from a tanning parlor (dermatologists call them ';skin cancer booths';) only offers a max protection of an SPF of 4, so you still would need a strong sunscreen



spray on tans


I would say pass on the spray on (waste of $$) and get a real tan. Be sure to wear suncreen all of the time....even if it is overcast.




I had an airbrush tan done before my wedding. It was beautiful-- I wish I could get a tan like that from the sun! I%26#39;ve never done the spray booths, but I highly recommend the airbrush... ditto the sunscreen thing...




I thought I heard somewhere that if you go into the water, it goes streaky ?




I%26#39;ve been doing the home variety for about 10 years and it is great. Neutrogena stopped making the product I%26#39;ve been using for years this season though so I%26#39;m a little concerned. Anyone have recommendations for good home self tanner? It%26#39;s always annoying to hear people say ';just get a real tan.'; That would be nice but some of us can%26#39;t; we just burn badly. I did the machine spray booth thing at a salon once and it was horrid and streaky though. I hear the airbrush spray is great. I%26#39;d recommend not going in the water for more like 12 hours or so after self-tanning, but after that I%26#39;ve never heard of them becoming streaky when wet.




If you get the airbrush tan, they will give you instructions about when to get it wet... I think it was not for 24 hours. If you decide to do it, have it done a few days before you leave, because you will look really scary (like a jack o%26#39;lantern) until you take that first shower!




The first thought I had when I read this topic was the product they advertised years ago to spray paint bald spots on your head to make it look like you actually had hair. I think this stuff kind of follows that lead in that it is not a real tan but basicly a whole body cover up. Having said that if it works for you then do go for it, me I prefer to show up in Hawaii looking like what I am, a midwesterner who only sees the sun a few weeks a year. I tan up naturally pretty fast so no spray for me.




Alexondra-What Neutrogena self-tanner have you been using? I use the foam and it%26#39;s great. Please tell me that%26#39;s not the one that has been discontinued!? They have recently come out with a grapefruit scented foam which smells better than the original foam.




I was using the Jergens lotion with self tanner and it worked well. I just ran out so I thought I%26#39;d give Dove a try. I%26#39;ll let you know.




I use Jergens Natural Glow on my body and it works fairly well -- it has a kind-of odd smell, but nothing terrible. I use Olay Touch of Sun on my face and I LOVE IT. It smells great, and it produces a gradual tan over a few days that doesn%26#39;t look fake at all.





Also, around New Years Eve I got a Mystic Tan in a booth (for the first time ever!), and I was not that impressed with the results. I was SUPER nervous that I was going to come out looking like an Oompa-Loompa, so I exfloliated TONS before I went. Then when I came out, I didn%26#39;t even think I looked much different than when I went in (and I was NOT already tan!). It smelled AWFUL, and my boyfriend couldn%26#39;t evne stand to be around me while I waited for the color to develop. Overall, I didn%26#39;t even think it made that big of a difference, and what little differnce it did make seemed like it washed off in a few days.





To make a long story short, I would stick with the self-tanning lotions. It seems anymore that they aren%26#39;t too bad :)





Good luck and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment