Wednesday, April 25, 2012

money,money,money

I am going to Oahu in August and I am reading conflicting info on ATM%26#39;S. I have a Bank of America debit card. Am I going to have a problem getting money? Do they allow you so much a day or can you withdraw what your bank allows you.



money,money,money


BofA does not have any banks or ATMs in Hawaii.





';I am reading conflicting info on ATM%26#39;S.'; What type of conflicting information? Maybe if you explain, we can help.





';Do they allow you so much a day or can you withdraw what your bank allows';. Who is ';they';? Chuck...



money,money,money


Most banks have a pre-set limit on how much money you can withdraw from your account each day using ATMs. Contact your bank directly if you want to raise/lower that limit.




Sorry I will try to explain better. My bank allows me to withdraw 1000.00 dollars in a 24 hour period. If I go to any ATM in oahu will I still be ok to withdraw that amount? Thanks for all your help.




Well, since BofA has no ATMs in Hawaii, you%26#39;ll have to use another banks ATMs. There will be a fee to do this and you will be governed by the rules pertaining to withdrawals from the bank whose bank owns the ATM you are using. You will have to figure the ownership of ATMs that you will use and contact that bank for their limits. Chuck...




Both First Hawaiian Bank and Bank of Hawai`i have limits on daily ATM withdrawals, $400 for BoH and $700 for FHB, as I recall. I can%26#39;t imagine you needing anywhere near that much cash for anything here, and I would avoid carrying that much just on general principle. Most places you%26#39;re going to use a credit card anyway.




agree with pzp you won%26#39;t need that much cash you can use your checkcard as a credit card at most places. we use our a/e delta sky miles card for most things to get the airmiles we did bring some cash for things like the farmers market and some small local restaurants do not accept credit cards.but most places do so no worries



aloha marie




Just remember that in places with high tourist turnovers, you will get a higher than normal amount of credit card fraud. Be very careful and NEVER let your card out of your sight and always pay attention that the person who has your card does not swipe it in two machine(one being bogus and gets the data off your card for later fraud) or copies the info off your card with pen and paper. Chuck...




yes no problem, most of the hotels have ATMS and there is a Hawaiian bank in the center of town, also all the ABC markets have ATMs. The only problem might be that you could not take it out all at once so you will get more fees. I don%26#39;t bring a lot of cash and hit the atms often, I hate dealing with travelers checks.

No comments:

Post a Comment