Wednesday, April 25, 2012

don't like looking at cruise ships...

Hi, I%26#39;ve seen pics of lanai views from Kona rentals, many of which show a cruise ship at anchor off shore.





Since I%26#39;d rather see just open ocean and not cruise ship(s), can anyone tell me the north/south limits along the coast where I will/won%26#39;t see the ship(s)?





Sorry if this seems naive--I%26#39;m just starting to investigate where to stay and this stuck out to both my wife and I...





Thanks!



don't like looking at cruise ships...


We have a cruise ship here only once or (rarely) twice a week but if you don%26#39;t want to see them even on those days than rent a condo South from the Sea Village and rent a unit that has a direct W or SW view instead of N or NW.



don't like looking at cruise ships...


I am currently staying at Kona by the Sea and have been here for a week in an upper floor oceanview room. I have not seen a cruise ship from my lanai although I have seen them whilst driving along the coast.




The ships are here a lot more than once a week. The month of April we%26#39;re getting 10 cruise ships, five of those are in the last 9 days of the month.




NCL has moved two of its ships from the Hawaii market (one to Asia and one to Europe) and only the Pride of America(?) will remain here after May 1st(?) so we will not see too many cruise ships for a while.




We actually loved watching the ships come in...told us when NOT to go into town! Trust me, they will only obscure your view for a few hours. And they are rather impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment