Monday, April 23, 2012

which restaurant

If you had to chose b/w postcards and hanalei gourmet for dinner, which would you choose?



which restaurant


They are very different.



Postcards is located in this old house in Hanalei. It serves fresh fish and vegetarian type of meals. There is no view, but it%26#39;s a bit more upscale than HG. HG has a view but is more low key. I really enjoy their service and food. I have heard Postcard%26#39;s service has been spotty lately. Long wait for food etc.



So if you want more low key then HG. If you want to dress up (relative to Kauai standards) and have a little fussier food then Postcards.



which restaurant




Aloha from Kaua%26#39;i!





Postcards without a second thought!





Malama Pono,



Janet




Postcards if you want a great quality dinner. I have never felt the need to dress up there as another poster suggested. Golf shirt and short will do just fine.





HG is also great, but more of a sports bar, fun place to go.





You may wait at Postcards. I also have never ever had an issue while waiting there.




What I meant by ';dressing up'; is you COULD at Postcards as it%26#39;s a more special occasion type of place and I WOULD make reservations. Don%26#39;t chance wanting to go there and not have a reservation. It is pretty popular.




maybe we will try both.....HG for lunch and postcards for dinner. Thanks for your opinions. I did go ahead and make resv for postcards. I assume you can%26#39;t for HG? Also, does HG have outside seating? serve alcohol? someone mentioned a view there as well?? (of what?)





thanks :)




Hanalei Gourmet we have only had a drink at, there is outside seating but when we were there, the sign stated they only serve alcohol inside not outside. I got the impression that is because there is not a big window so they can make sure that non-adults are not drinking beers or mai tais.




ok, i know you didn%26#39;t ask but have you thought about bar acuda? all 3 have good quality food but our new north shore fave is bar acuda for their uniqueness including their creative dishes, ambiance, yummy drinks and a decent wine list. the service is good as well.




My fault for telling you Hanalei Gourmet had a view. I was thinking of something else. No view. HG for lunch, Postcards is a dinner place.



I totally agree about BarAcuda. I never miss going there. I love sitting on the lanai and watching all the people waiting in line at Bubba%26#39;s knowing my yummy scallops are on the way. Their Mai Tai%26#39;s are excellent and a very good wine selection. The best part is hoping you see Pierce Brosnan. This is his favorite place to go and I see him there almost every time I am on island. I think he likes his drink shaken not stirred...... Sorry. Couldn%26#39;t resist!




PS



If you call outside seating 2 tables in the breezeway, then yes HG has outside seating. The building it is in is the old Hanalei School so you are eating in a classroom. Very good Waldorf salad.




we have been to baracuda (last time) and agree is was great. we just wanted to try at least 1 new restaurant to challenge ourselves.....so HG and postcards are 2 that we have not been to but thought I would see what you guys thought.





thanks for all your help. I love this forum.





Tanya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment