Monday, April 23, 2012

Great rate on car rental

I%26#39;m coming to Honolulu in the middle of May to celebrate my 30th wedding anniversary and have been checking car rental rates, I%26#39;ve actually booked and cancelled a couple of times as rates go down. I usually book through Dollar so I%26#39;ve only looked at their site.

Anyway, the point to my post was to let people know if you%26#39;re coming to Honolulu around the same time as me try to book your car today. I just got a full size car, they list a Dodge Charger, for 8 days for a total price of $174.36 including all taxes and fees. Dollar prices tend to change daily so this price my only be available today. This is less then $22 a day for a full size car which I think is a great deal.

Great rate on car rental

I forgot to mention this rate was listed as a city special so after putting in your dates and you get the list of cars click on the city special button to get the sale prices.

Great rate on car rental

Jerry,

that sounds pretty normal to me....unless you%26#39;re in manhattan, that is the going rate for rental vehicles.....basic rule of thumb is never pay more than $19 - $22/day, $25 MAX for full size rental cars...you can do the search on the internet and get great deals...I%26#39;d list them but you know the drill!


I wish I was having your luck!

I haven%26#39;t found a car for under $37/day yet!


We had good rental rates on our trip a couple of weeks ago .... $18./day total for a w/e rate in HNL (Subaru Imprezza) and $18.60/day on Kauai for 8 days (Grand Prix). I had booked a compact for both places... Thrifty in HNL, and Budget in LIH. Those prices included all taxes and fees, but not insurance which we already have.

If you don%26#39;t need a large vehicle, a small vehicle in Hawaii is a good choice... easier to manoeuvre on narrow, curvy roads, parking spaces were quite tight at most places we went to, and you%26#39;ll save on gas.

If nothing else is a bargain in Hawaii....car rental rates are. :)


I learned a lot this trip about car rental prices. In Oct. when I booked my airfare I started tracking car rental rates, at that time the rate for a week was $208.00 in Nov. it dropped to $178.00, in Dec. it dropped to $158.00, 8 days before my pickup day the price dropped to $108.00. Then the price went up the next day. What I did was make a res. when the price was 178, then cancel and rebook when it dropped.

We ended paying $115.00 (out the door) per week for a mid-size at Enterprise. We had absolutely no problems with them and will use them again.

To get a side by side comparison for most rental agencies go to

http://www.aarp.org/travel/#


Hotwire always has good deals on car rentals.

  • vc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment