Monday, April 23, 2012

Our Trip to Maui

We just returned from our first trip to Maui and I must say we are so sad to be home! The landscape made us feel as if we were in paradise.



We stood at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel. It was a warm and friendly hotel with plenty of activities. It was more motelish but was kept clean and it was the perfect location. They do not have kids camp but a kids passport program you can participate in helping your child complete.



I did use The Nanny Connection which was recommended by the hotel for my son. He loved Nanny Gwen who came with a suitcase filled with age appropriate activities. He asked for her again and again.



Restaurants, we didnt do much fine dining since it was me and my 6 year old but we found plenty of places which were decent affordable. The one fine dining was I%26#39;O at 505 Front Street - Great Ceviche,



In Lahaina Cannery Mall%26#39;s Food Court was a favorite lunch stop at Dante%26#39;s or Compadres Taqueria (great Mahi Mahi Taco),



Cilantro%26#39;s (Mexican) In Lahaina Center,



Longhi%26#39;s (Italian) Front Street,



Jaco%26#39;s (Mexican) Shops next to the Maui Ocean Center (Yes we love Mexican)



Fo Hawaiian food we went to the Aloha Mixed Plate and Kaaanapali Mixed plate and Hula Grill. I wasn%26#39;t very happy with the service at Hula Grill.



On to Activities,



We went to the Old lahaina Lua the show was great the food wasn%26#39;t in my opinion. Be prepared they ask you to check in at 5:45 but you dont eat until 7 and the show doesnt start until 8. My son was asleep by the time it started. It seemed to be hard on the younger children,



We took Blue Hawaiian Helicopter for an hour tour over Haleakala, the Gulch etc. This was amzing my son was in awe.



Next we went on the Blue Waverider Snorkel tour of the Kanaio Cost and Molokini. We had multiple chances to snorkel, the ride was not for the weak at heart or someone with a bad back. We saw the green sea turtles and whales it was a perfect day and the crew was awesome.



We also had surfing lessons with Surf Dog Maui which was great.



The road to Hana was tough on a 6 year old but the Black Sand Beach at Wainanapanapa State Park more than made up for it. The beauty is beyond words.





Watching the sun set on Front Street then having dinner was always a treat. I must mention the Glow Putt in Lahaina Center my son made me go there quite a few times, he loved glow in the dark mini golf!





We will definitely head back to Maui the long plane ride was well worth it!







Our Trip to Maui


I remember my first trip with my girls. My youngest was about 5 or 6 and slept through every dinner. I%26#39;m impressed that you did all of those activities with a six year old! Sounds like a great vacation.



Our Trip to Maui


Congratulations on having a 6 year old who sounds like he is a great traveler!! We are looking forward to our trip next week, but NOT to the 11 hour plane ride! Thanks for the tips on where to eat.




Sounds like an awesome vacation - thanks for sharing!


  • bee luscious cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment