Wednesday, April 25, 2012

One night @ start of trip & at end

Need some suggestions please:





My flight arrives @ OGG @ 1:45 pm on 8/15/08. I can%26#39;t check into my condo until mid-afternoon on 8/16/08. (about 24 hrs later)





I have the same problem near the end of my stay. I will check out of my condo early in the morning of 8/22/08, and my flight back home is at 8:30PM on 8/23/08. (about 36 hrs later)





Need HELP VERY BADLY on places to stay my first and last nights, as well as help with an itenerary for these first and last days! I do not want to spend my entire trip checking in/out of hotels and I want to make sure I make the most of my time on the island!





Thank you much!



One night @ start of trip %26amp; at end


I just read your post about doing the Road to Hana from Kanapali. You could do it your last day and stay overnight at the hotel in Hana -- or stay there your first night.





Maybe you%26#39;d like to splurge on the Grand Wailea (and its pools) for one night? Or not splurge, at Best Western in South Kihei? Mana Kai Maui? A hotel in West Maui? One of the two ancient %26#39;motel-type%26#39; hotels in Kahului (only as last resort)?



One night @ start of trip %26amp; at end


why did you book a condo where you cant check in for 24 hr AFTER you arrive and you have to check out 36 hr before your flight -- werent there any other condos that would suit your needs a lot better timewise




I actually booked my condo before my flight... and the flight was MUCH more expensive to have it closer to my actual condo dates (I was saving HUNDREDS of dollars by being flexible a day or two with my flight dates!)




Hmmmm, I gotta say I was thinking the same thing as Lougee asked, and the %26#39;hundreds%26#39; of dollars you%26#39;re saving on airfare are probably going to be spent on your before/after accommodations now.....but hey, at least this way you%26#39;ll get more time on Maui rather than putting that money on a plane!





Chisue gave some good suggestions, if it was me, I%26#39;d make it worth my while and splurge for at least the last part of the trip...always nicer to end a vacation in a nicer resort hotel, than a cheap one.





Just make sure to pack light (carry on) so you%26#39;re not carting around too much luggage between all the check-ins/outs....it%26#39;ll ease the stress a bit!





Enjoy the beach! :-)




We ran into a similar problem because of having to rebook our flight due to ATA. We decided to try and make the most of it by booking at the Pioneer Inn in Lahaina. That way we could have a nice dinner and enjoy some shopping the night we arrive and the next morning til we check into our bungalow. It was something we had planned to do anyway so just decided to make that the beginning of our trip. Good luck!




I too read your post about the long day to Hana your are thinking about.





I agree with ChiSue. Why not check out on the 22nd and head to Hana early that morning? Plenty of nice places to stay over there. Get checked into a cottage, go on your hike, (it%26#39;s awesome and something you don%26#39;t want to rush through) then relax that evening in beautiful Hana. I couldn%26#39;t think of a finer place to spend my last night on Maui.





Next morning you could go check out Hamoa Beach and the State Park and take your time driving back, stopping at any of the stops most people do on the way there. Have your last dinner in Paia before heading to the airport.












I agree with the very good Hana suggestion. For the other night, I would also pick someplace other than the area of your condo to stay. Not knowing where that is, I%26#39;m not sure where exactly to recommend.





I also agree with the packing suggestion. Put everything you%26#39;ll need for that one night/days into one suitcase (or carry-on) so you don%26#39;t have to waste a lot of time packing up for the moves.




Thank you all for your suggestions! My condo for the 6 nights/7 days is in West Maui... so I think I am going to spend my first night somewhere near the Crater so we can get up early and do the sunrise on that first day!





The last night in Hana also sounds great, as long as I have some assurance I can make it to the airport on time... and if I can keep myself clean enough until then ;)




Check out the Kula Lodge for the first night, very close to the entrance of the park. If I had a do-over, that is what I would do. Then the Hana stay-over, the rave now is the Yurt if you can get reservations. If not, check out alternavivehawaii.com for lodgings. Have a great trip.




Sorry about the mispelling for website...





http://www.alternative-hawaii.com/index.html





Great site to use for info.

No comments:

Post a Comment