Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Marriott

Since so many flights leave so late out of Lihue, has anyone looked into the possibility of a day room at the Marriott? I%26#39;m thinking from 11AM to 6PM. If so, I would appreciate knowing what the cost was.



Thanks,



G



Marriott


Questions (and answers) about the day room use at the Marriott come up from time to time ... and it sounds wonderful with a long lay-over. But - I%26#39;d suggest that you give them a call and ask about prices. They change from time-to-time ... and you may qualify for a discount (I wish!) or something.



Marriott


Thanks BLBL. I did plan on calling or having my TA do it. Just wondered if I could get a ballpark price to see if I wanted to persue it.






Aloha from Kaua%26#39;i!





This question just came up recently in regards to someone%26#39;s mother having a very long wait at the airport and what the alternatives were.





All hotel properties vary in their policy about day use rooms -- some require the property to be at a certain occupancy level or lower in order to offer it -- some simply don%26#39;t offer them at all.





In my experience the price varies considerably - usually from $100 and up depending on the hotel.





I%26#39;d suggest you call the property directly to ask about their policy on this - some will not reserve the rooms, but require you go in the day you want it and take your chances.





Good luck!





Malama Pono,



Janet




The question about a day room at the Marriott has been bugging me since a similar thread a couple of weeks ago about this issue. Does anyone remember the one where they were going to leave their mom at the airport for 9 hours? They weren%26#39;t aware there just wasn%26#39;t anything to do there. So, I called the Marriott in Kauai today 808-245-5050 and was advised that they do not have day rooms. You can book a room for the day/night only. I have a similar dilemma about my trip in June. So, just for kicks I checked on availability for a room at the Marriott and they are booked! So good to plan in advance!




Just for kicks I called Hilton Kauai asking about day rooms. Although the person I spoke to didn%26#39;t really understand what I was asking about, he said they do not have day rooms but do have hospitality rooms for the guests only. The overnight rate is $189 for the date I checked; they do have free shuttle to airport. 808-245-1955.




I%26#39;m surprised to hear they do not have day rooms. It seems as if it might be a nice bit of profit on lower season times due to their location so close to the airport. I checked their availability during my late May date and they are wide open, so I might just give it a try. Thanks for your efforts and info on this.




That%26#39;s what I was thinking -- Cha-ching???$$$ Any entrepeneurs out there?




Why would a hotel want to book a ';day room'; at 1/2 the price when they can rent it for full price? My advice for so many people who are taking these late night flights is to book another day at the hotel or condo you are staying in. It is well worth the extra time you have on the island to chill and relax. If you can%26#39;t afford that then 1. Ask the hotel for a possible late check out option. Usually if the hotel is not full they will let you stay until 1pm. 2. If you are staying in a condo, call the owner the week before and see if anyone is arriving that day. If not ask for a late checkout or ask if they have a special rate for checkouts past the usual time. I know I do. If I know I do not have a back to back I offer the room at 1/2 the daily rate as long as they don%26#39;t stay past 6pm. Past 6pm is the full day rate. This gives guests time to relax, do that sunbathing, leave in the late afternoon and have dinner at a nice place before they get onto the plane.




I agree with Jebett. I wish we would have booked an extra day at our condo. On our last day, we had to check out at 11 a.m., but our flight didn%26#39;t leave until midnight! It was really hard to enjoy that last day because we were so worried about our luggage in the back of our rental car (we didn%26#39;t want it to get stolen). We booked our condo first and didn%26#39;t end up booking our flights until much later -- so we didn%26#39;t realize that we would have needed to pay for an extra day when we originally booked. Needless to say, we will do it differently next time :-) The owner of the condo we rented did offer late check-outs if available, but there was a guest coming right after us, so it didn%26#39;t work out. Just something to think about . . .




Jebett,





All of that is very good advice. We%26#39;ve checked on all the avenues you mentioned. Guests coming in right behind us. The Marriott appears to be wide open, so I guess I figure some $s is better than no $s. We%26#39;ll see what I can find out.


  • makeup help
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment