Monday, April 23, 2012

Surf lessons

I am staying in waikiki at the outigger in Septemeber and would like to learn to surf, i am on a budget so i dont wont private lessons or anything but more of a group experience. any suggestions?



Surf lessons


This looks like the ultimate surf lesson...





http://www.hawaiianfire.com/





Saw an article about these guys on TV. Who better than fire fighters/paramedics to keep you safe and teach surfing, at the same time???





Have fun!



Surf lessons


that looks good, but just wondering if $99 was the standard price for lessons and if there was anything cheaper avaliable around waikiki




I stayed at the Outrigger on the Beach in March %26amp; took surf lessons thru Faith Surf School with Tony Moniz http://www.faithsurfschool.com/ .





Tony was excellent %26amp; everyone was up %26amp; surfing from our class. The nice thing is that his classes were just down the beach from the hotel so my husband %26amp; younger son got to watch for free!!





It was also cheaper than most of the other schools that I looked at.





Have a great time surfing! I LOVED it.




My daughter had a lesson from the Star Beach Boys near the Dukes statue. The price last summer was $35.00. We were there first thing in the morning and as there was no one else there she got a private lesson at a group price.



First thing in the am. seems to be the best time because the biggest problem she had surfing after her lesson was so many people to navigate around later on in the day.



The Star Boys were very good with my daughter and she was up the first wave.




I also recommend Hawaiian Fire.





The BEST thing I%26#39;ve ever done in Hawaii is take lessons with them.





Loved it so much!





L




We went with Aloha Beach Services which is literally right next to Outrigger Waikiki in the grass hut. A one hour lesson was $30. Ask for Tommy! I am a 43 year old homemaker and have very little athletic ability. I made it all the way in!



Have fun!





Divamom

No comments:

Post a Comment