Monday, April 23, 2012

Is the submarine tour worth doing?

We were in Waikiki last year (for our 10th anniversary trip of a lifetime type holiday) and i kept seeing the submarine trippers setting off from the beach near the Hilton and thought it was something i%26#39;d like to do but never got round to it. It just so happens we have decided to go back again this year (arriving next week)and had planned to take a trip on the submarine but i saw an earlier post saying that it really wasn%26#39;t worth it in terms of what you actually see. Any thoughts on whether its something worth doing?



Also, does anyone know if there are any Timberland stores in the area? I always like to try to visit at least one Timberland store when we are in the US as its a kind of holiday ritual!). I might not buy anything but its always nice to see things that are half the price of what we pay in the UK!



However, please be assured we will do all we can to assist the US economy over the next two weeks!!



Thanks all.



Is the submarine tour worth doing?


I didn%26#39;t care for it for the price, but I%26#39;m not real into fish. It was OK but I won%26#39;t do it again. I think if you don%26#39;t snorkel or scuba while there, but would like to see the fish, it%26#39;s worth it.





Looks like a Timberland Hawaii in Pearl City...but that%26#39;s a home and garden store I think....I%26#39;m thinking you mean the footwear store? Don%26#39;t see Hawaii in the store locator section of Timberland%26#39;s website.



Is the submarine tour worth doing?


In general Luaus, Dinner Cruises and the Submarine are considered not a great deal for the price, so it comes down to how much you want to do it. Not many places where you can do a Luau, or Submarine. France does have dinner cruises, but they don%26#39;t come with a hula show.




We took the submarine on Maui. Didn%26#39;t care for it. Didn%26#39;t see much ... the glass was somewhat scratchy. I think it%26#39;s a tourist trap, myself.





A sunset catamarant off of Waikiki is fun ...




My husband and I did the Atlantis sub tour on Oahu in 04 and loved it. We saw thousands of fish and lots of sea turtles. The University of Hawaii has created an artificial reef out in the water and it was amazing what there is to see. We truly enjoyed it. The cost is high, but we were well pleased.




Pretty much agree with the others while we did the one off Waikiki and enjoyed ourselves we saw sharks and sea turtles plus many fish.



We also live in the middle of the US so not to much of that scenery around here and we don%26#39;t scuba and barely snorkle.




We did it a few years ago in Maui and saw a lot of fish but that was it. I still thought it was a fun thing to do. The fish seem to know the sub and would just come right up to the window as to be looking in at you. We%26#39;re going back next year and plan on doing it again in Waikiki. I hear you see more there.




I would say the Atlantis tour on Oahu is worth doing once. You will see things the average visitor never sees. Not all of the tour subs seem to be as good though.






I guess we will make a decision when we are there as to whether its worth it but it sounds like it might be fun.



Thanks all.




My wife and I were going to do SCUBA, but that didn%26#39;t work out. So I decided we would go to the Atlantis sub. It was a little pricey, but it was really fun.





Saw tons of fish and beutiful backgrounds. The artificial and authentic reefs were amazing.





Saw many sea turtles along the way, which was one of my main goals in Hawaii.





I say it was totally worth it. And really, if I had the time and money, I would do it again.





But when we go again this summer, the money is going into parasailing and catamarans!! Awesome fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment