Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ocean View upgrade at the Hyatt?

We are booked in a city view room at the Hyatt on Waikiki for 5 nights in July for a conference. I%26#39;m considering upgrading to an ocean view or a mountain view room, but my impression is that the Hyatt sits not directly on Waikiki, but across the street and back a bit. Do you think either upgrade would be worth it? I%26#39;d love to enjoy an amazing view, just not sure where that would be and whether ocean view at the Hyatt means peering between buildings for a sliver of the ocean.





Thank you!



Ocean View upgrade at the Hyatt?


I have not stayed at the Hyatt but wandered by it several times during my recent stay down the street at the Marriott. It is in a good location, across the st. from the beach, but there are no hotels across the street from it to obstruct your view. I do believe however the Police station is directly across from the Hyatt on the beach, but that is a small building. Certainly if you have a high up floor your oceanview should be pretty good. If any doubts just give them a call and ask how the view is. I loved my oceanview at the Marriott! I wouldnt of been happy without it!!



Ocean View upgrade at the Hyatt?


Thank you ~ that%26#39;s good to hear.




Our first stay in Honolulu was at the Hyatta-that was in %26#39;92-it is a fine hotel,very modern high rise, the rooms are roomy,you are right,you are across the stree from the beach. What I remember, we had a ocean view room-it turned out to be a partial view from the lanai-so,I don%26#39;t know if it would be worth paying the extra. I would suggest joining their frequent guest program, and asking for an upgrade at check in. The last five trips,we have been staying at the Moana Surfrider.




I think you would have a great view from the Hyatt. It%26#39;s just across the street from the beach with no large buildings in front. Given the comments from the previous posters -- pin them down about partial versus full ocean view.




We stayed in a deluxe ocean front room last Sept., and it was a GREAT view. We were on the 32nd floor in the Diamond Head Tower. If you are going to splurge, be sure to ask for as high up in the Diamond Head Tower as possible. The other tower kind of overlooks the hotel across the street, whereas the Diamond Head Tower is unobstructed to the beach. It felt like you were right on the beach. One other thing, this hotel is very popular, when we were there the hotel was full, and they were actually overbooked and turning some people away the day we checked in, (they were putting them up in other hotels), I would not wait until check in to make your room change, do it now if you want it.




Well, I called and upgraded my room. Thanks, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment