Monday, April 23, 2012

Westin Princeville

The new Westin at Princeville is gorgeous! Totally unpretentious with a real island feel to it. Hardwood everywhere. There are two nice pools plus a keiki pool with fairly gentle waterslide. (The turtles in the picture are foam for safety. My guide told me that they may create a separate, adults-only pool at some point. The center court and pool area have plenty of room and plenty of lounge chairs as well as two BBQ grills available.





The villas are 2 bedroom with a studio lockout. The “master” is very roomy, with a full kitchen and dining table, king bed and extra-large Jacuzzi tub. The tub is separated from the bedroom by folding louver doors so you have the choice of privacy or the view. The kitchen has all modern appliances including a convection oven/microwave combo.





The lockout studio has a queen bed and full-size sleeper sofa. There’s a small table for dining. The kitchen is substantially similar to the “master” kitchen, with all appliances, but a bit less space. The bathroom is like the “master” bath but with a slightly smaller tub.





All beds are the Westin’s “heavenly bed” with extra-thick pillow top mattress. The overall feel of the place is lush and plush but low-key; very welcoming and comfortable. All units are considered “view” units; seventy percent have ocean views. The time-share purchaser gets first come, first served, no choice. From what I was able to see, even the garden or golf course views are lovely. I’m not sure if a renter gets a choice or is also FC, FS.





As you would expect from a Westin, the staff is great. I was greeted and treated cordially by everyone I met or passed. If I were to plan a honeymoon at a top-notch resort on north-shore Kaua`i, this would be it. This is a Starwood property with, I assume, exchange privileges the same as any other. More info and rates can be found on their website, www.Westin.com. Looks like they’re running some specials now.





My pictures can be seen at: …google.com/pzptoo/WestinPrincevilleKauaI.





Disclaimer: I have absolutely no connection with Westin or the Westin Princeville. There have been many questions about it on this board so I thought I’d do a post with pictures.



Westin Princeville


Pzp,



WOW! Thanks for the pics. The Westin does look lovely and comfortable. The weather does look a little ';voggy'; today.



Mahalo,



Charlotte



Westin Princeville


Yes, it%26#39;s just a tad voggy, compounded by the fact that my photography skills are, shall we say, less than professional. The trades have really just come back fully; I would expect things to be pretty much cleared out by tomorrow.




Is that a security guard on a Segway? Thanks for sharing the photos.




Thank you so much for the pics and taking the time to go there and check it out. I%26#39;m still confused about where to stay. The hyatt or westin. I read on the reviews that the hyatt rooms were outdated but the grounds were nice. I want a clean room and I like new but I also like service. I will not have much time to sit by a pool. We will do more sightseeing. What would you recommend. We don%26#39;t like to drive far for dinner and drinks.




TJ, yes that%26#39;s a security guard on a Segway. He said it was a lot of fun.





Ann, I think you get more service at a hotel (Hyatt) than a timeshare (Westin), but the staff at the Westin were awfully nice. You might want to contact them and ask about what service(s) they provide. It may come down to, do you want to do any meals at ';home.';





The Westin is not far from Hanalei (drinks and dinner) and very close to the Happy Talk lounge at Hanalei Bay Resort. The Hyatt is not far from Po`ipu (dinner, at least), and you can certainly have drinks, albeit expensive ones, at the Hyatt. Either one is going to be a drive to the opposite shore for exploring.




Garden View



Mountain/Garden



Island View Deluxe Studio





$420



$585



$600





These are the rack rates for the studios off their website which is advertising to the left of this thread by the way. The 2 bedrooms go up to $1400. So for those of you that are getting the construction prices, good for you, because soon no one will be able to afford this place.




pzp,





Thank you for checking out the Westin and the photos. Can you please tell me is there a parking charge and any maid sevice? Was there alot of noise with alot of construction going on? It looks like the grass is not done yet. Do you think it will be done by June 1, Did you check out the restaurant?





Mohalo Ann




Alohahappy, I really do not know any details. I am not affiliated with Westin in any way. You%26#39;d have to contact them.





I didn%26#39;t notice much construction noise, but I was there right around lunch time.




THANK YOU!!!! Great report and pictures. Looks very classy but island feel.




PZP - Thanks for your recon mission! Very successful I would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment