Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Has anyone taken Na Pali Explorer from the North Shore?

We%26#39;ll be staying at HBR in June and would rather go from the North Shore to avoid all of that driving just to get on a boat and sail back almost to where we started. Has anyone here taken Na Pali Explorer%26#39;s newer boat, Ocean Adventurer on the snorkel tour out of Hanalei? I had pretty much decided to avoid boats and do an ATV tour instead, but reading about everyone%26#39;s boat tours has made me reconsider. Since I cannot fathom the idea of getting into a helicopter (chicken!), it sounds like a boat tour is the only way we will be able see the Na Pali Coast. We would do the 8am tour...any reason that would not be advisable?

Lisa

Has anyone taken Na Pali Explorer from the North Shore?

I have not been on that boat, but since you%26#39;ll be staying at HBR it is the smart thing to do. If you take the other tours out of Pt Allen you have an hour and a half drive at 5:30 A.M. The trip to the coast is much faster from Hanalei. I have heard nothing but great things about it. An early morning departure is probably smart too. That way you have the entire afternoon to enjoy more of the North Shore.

Have fun at HBR. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Has anyone taken Na Pali Explorer from the North Shore?

jebett, thank you! You have already been a wealth of information as I%26#39;ve been lurking around here for a month or so. I am going nuts with anticipation for this trip. My husband thinks I have completely lost it with my 3-ring binder and incessant forum reading.


So I%26#39;m not the only one using a 3-ring binder for all the travel planning!! I have all of my confirmations (airline, condo, car rental) organized in it, as well as information from the TA forum that I print out here. I can be excessively organized when it comes to my travels, but I find that it%26#39;s the way to maximize my preparation so I can be more relaxed when the time comes.

Anyway, I have taken a Na Pali cruise from the North Shore. Two years ago I took Na Pali Catamaran. I really do think that, no matter where you stay, a North Shore departure is great because you spend more time actually in and around the Na Pali coast. This tour was absolutely stunning. I was staying in Poipu, so I had to be up VERY early to arrive on the North Shore in time for the trip. I don%26#39;t think you can go wrong with any tour out of the North Shore. Since you%26#39;re already going to be on the North Shore anyway, you are ideally situated for this too.


I took the explorer I last summer and loved it. Best thing I%26#39;ve ever done in my life. You won%26#39;t be disappointed.


Labs---I too am staying North Shore in June (and also South Shore same trip), but decided to do the boat tour out of Hanalei because if you look at the routes on a map from both shores, you spend most of your time on the boat getting to Napali from the South Shore (not to mention the time in your car). Look at the route to Napali from Hanalei-----there%26#39;s no comparison that you%26#39;ll get to the Napali Coast much faster from North than South. Leaving from South Shore when you%26#39;re staying North could be an all-day excursion.


We did the 3 hour napali explorer afternoon cruise in November (leaving from the south) and it was so great that we will be doing the morning 5 hour napali explorer cruise this May when we return.


I just got off the phone with Lisa at Na Pali Explorer and booked our tour! We%26#39;ll be taking the 4-hour snorkel expedition departing at 8am from Hanalei on June 17th. It is early enough in our stay that if they have to reschedule due to conditions, we%26#39;ll hopefully have enough time left to fit it in. Lisa was really friendly and helpful. I had actually booked online a couple of nights ago, and according to the screen on my end, the reservation was accepted. I was glad I called today to check up on it, because it never made it through on their end. A note of caution to anyone booking these tours online -- always call to confirm they actually received your reservation!


We have been with Napali Explorer several times, and they are a great outfit.

There was some problems with sailing out of the boat yard up in Hanalei, but perhaps they have that all squared away now.

Hope so, they are wonderful folks, and loads of fun.

Our 3 trips with them was out of the kikiaola small boat harbor on the west side.

Denny


Thanks, Denny. They happily took my reservation, so I sure do hope they have their problems ironed out by then! I don%26#39;t even want to think about how early we%26#39;d have to get up to make it from Hanalei Bay to a launch on the other side of the island at the crack of dawn.

Lisa

  • get rid or hyperhidrosis
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment